Monday, October 03, 2005

I Hate Record Companies

So, I bought the new Switchfoot CD today. I brought it home and popped it into my computer to make a copy to play in my car (If you need to know why I burn CDs for my car, just go back a few days to read this post). Anyway, I find out this CD has copy protection on it. It won't even read the CD to play the music, let alone rip, without first agreeing to some agreement and installation of some program, which probably makes sure you can't do anything they don't want you to. There are ways around this, of course. In fact, Switchfoot made a post a few days ago on their website forum on how to best get digital copies off the CD (for use in you iPod, or burning, etc.) for fair use. Mysteriously, the post is gone. Google had a cache of it... now it's gone. Luckily, some website copied the post onto thier site, so I could read it. Damn record companies are making it easier for the illegal downloaders than for the legit consumers. Makes me want to stop wasting my money/time to jump through the hoops of the record companies by actually buying records.

Anyway, back to your horoscopes... just trying something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment