Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I Feel So Violated... But Not In A Good Way

Who's laughing now? Well, it's not me.

For the second time, my car was broken into last night. Luckily this time, there was no damage to my car (ie. broken windows). However, it's partly my fault, as I left my windows open enough to get an arm through to unlock my door. But still, there were nights this summer that I left the top down, and nothing happened then.

So, they broke in... riffled through my stuff and took the following: A handful of change, a tire pressure gauge, my CDs, and my garage door opener to get into my underground parking garage. The worst one, of course, is the garage door opener, because now my super has to change the code on everyone's clicker in the building. A wee bit of a hassle.

Good points: The CDs were all burnt copies of CDs I own. That was good forward thinking on my part, as a Jeep is generally easy to break into. However, I figured that my Jeep would be broken into by unzipping the windows in the soft top. Which brings me to my other point... they didn't take my windows, which would have been the most expensive thing they could take pretty much.

Besides the obviousness of having to burn my CDs again, and the inconvenience of having to change the code for the garage door opener for my super, the worst part is knowing that some piece of crap was going through my stuff in my car. I feel dirty. I'd say worse things about him, but I want to keep my PG rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment