Monday, October 17, 2005

Not A Good Day For Technology

So, my computer had a slight bug in it. That being the batteries wouldn't charge when plugged into AC power, however they would charge in my docking station which bypasses the AC power plug completely. After spending an hour with Dell support on the phone, they scheduled me to receive a new motherboard today. So, the techie came and carefully disassembled my laptop, installed the new motherboard, and lo-and-behold, the problem was still there. So we tried a different AC adapter, and that did the trick. He left the motherboard that he installed in there and left. So I went to plug it back into my docking station to get back to work, and lo-and-behold... nothing works off my docking station except the monitor (USB stuff, speakers, etc.). So I call them back and the Dell guy on the phone said that the techie probably forgot to connect a few wires on the motherboard. So, he's coming back tomorrow to fix that blunder. And after all that, my cable went out for a few hours, including the internet. Not a good day for technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment