Thursday, March 03, 2005

Oh ICQ, I Pine For Thee

So, here I am IMing it up on MSN Messenger (saxwithmatt@hotmail.com if you want to add me, by the way) and I find myself thinking about the good old days of ICQ. I remember when everyone who was anyone used ICQ. My contact list was full of online people all the time. I open it up from time to time to find two things: 1. No one, and I mean no one, ever uses it anymore. And 2. As soon as I'm online, I find I'm getting spam instant messages. Perhaps #2 was the reason of ICQ's downfall, I don't know. Anyway, this isn't a wish for ICQ to come back in force, because I'm quite happy with MSN right now (that and everyone that I know who IMs uses MSN), but I was just feeling a bit nostalgic for an internet era of days gone by.... *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. I feel that Matt...that was a rather good time for me too. And you could still send messages when you were invisible. So you didn't have to talk to everyone. (shoot, my secret is revealed)

    ReplyDelete