Saturday, September 08, 2007

Going Medieval

At the last minute, I was offered a ticket to go to Medieval Times tonight by Jessica to be a substitute for a bachelorette party (just don't ask). Not being a fool, I accepted, as Medieval Times is something I always wanted to check out. It was a really good time too... a good mix of cheesy theatre, choreographed battles, horses, and eating with your hands. Yeah, it was good.

But it also gave me a chance to really put my new GPS unit to work. After dropping my passengers off after the dinner/show somewhere near U of T, I told my GPS to direct me home. Along this route, I encountered not one, but two road closures in the city. As soon as it realized I wasn't taking the route it suggested, the GPS recalculted a new route... just like that. What a time saver not having to pull over and get out my map (hoping, of course, that my City of Toronto map is even in the car at that particular moment). Yep, I'm happy with that purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment