Thursday, April 19, 2007

It Seems Really Dry In Here

There seems to be a lack of water in my apartment these days... a lack of water flooding my kitchen. While I was gone to Atlanta last week, the super in my apartment finally got a plumber in to fix the water leak that was happening above my sink-area. They took out a piece of pipe that is the hard-water line to the apartments above me. It turns out that that pipe was indeed the problem (we really weren't sure, we were just guessing) as it had a small crack which was causing the problem. I got to see the removed piece of pipe myself when I got back and the super was telling me about how there are basically two types of pipes that could have been installed (I didn't pay too much attention to the detail), but it seems that the leaky pipe was of the cheaper, lower-quality type... and that's what was used to fit the entire building back when it was built back in the 70's. So while this chapter is done, look for the coming sequel... Water Leak 2: The Walls Are Weeping. Hopefully in a different apartment than mine.

I've gotta buy a house.

No comments:

Post a Comment