Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Atlanta: Day 1

Current status: Not mugged

Well, here I am in Atlanta. I was picked up at 1:30 this afternoon and driven to the airport in Toronto. The driver was informed that the 401 was slow, so we took back ways until Guelph Line. I think the guy is a little high strung as a driver. He was shaking his head and muttering at everything he saw on the road (even if it didn't involve him) and at everything he heard on his radio. Just riding with him was putting me on edge.

But we got there eventually, and I got to look clueless searching for the check-in for US flights. Oh well, this is the first time I've flown solo. The flight was nice on Air Canada. Each seat had a touchscreen television with on-demand programming. I watched Eragon and an episode of the Twilight Zone.

Then I rode the subway clear across the city. It took about 45 minutes in all. After I got to the right station, it was dark out and I had to walk to the hotel. It wasn't far... about 5 minutes, but still, I had to find my way out of a parking garage at a mall and walk down a street that was under repair (ie. no sidewalks) and not many streetlights. The area is like a technology park/hotel district/shopping area, so it wasn't that shady... but still.

No comments:

Post a Comment