Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Just Your Run-Of-The-Mill Wednesday Post

I realize that I have to break up these work-related groveling for temp staff with a real post. So here goes.

I love my PVR. It's the handiest piece of technology ever. Although, sometimes it acts up. Take this Monday for example. I've gotten into the habit of recording everything I want to watch and then watching it later. I hardly ever watch anything when it's actually on anymore. But anyway, back to Monday. I've been watching Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (best new show this year, IMO), and therefore, have the PVR set up to record it. But for some reason, it never recorded. I don't know why... but once in a while it does that. Prison Break recorded and it's on right before it. So either the PVR mysteriously screwed up, or Rogers changed the title on the on-screen guide, which would cause the PVR to think it's a different show and not record it. Anyway, long story short, I downloaded the episode and got to see it anyway.

That brings me to my next point... well over a year ago, I noticed that downloads with BitTorrent were really slow on my Rogers internet. Consensus on the message boards were that Rogers was intentionally throttling down the speeds which made BT pretty much useless. But over the last few weeks I've noticed an increase in speeds again. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything and left well enough alone... now Rogers will slow it down again. Sigh...

Speaking of computers, I recently reinstalled Civilization 3 on my machine. I had forgot how ridiculously addictive and time-consuming that game is. I only wish I had a better computer so I could run Civ 4. The Civilization games are right up there in my top three favourite computer games ever... along with Sim City and Pirates.

Tonight... hockey's back and so is Lost. If only we could get the hockey game to take a break from 9 until 10, I'd be set. Oh well, there's always the PVR...

No comments:

Post a Comment