Thursday, October 05, 2006

Hockey Stuff

So, the Leafs lost last night. No real surprise there, but the Leafs did have a nice start where Gerber made a few beauty saves. But a loss is a loss, and the Leafs always lose to the Senators*.

I read a disturbing article today about how the CBC's contract with the NHL is up after this year and that CTV/TSN is expected to get a 10 year deal to broadcast Hockey Night In Canada. I can't even imagine how awful it will be to have those tools on "NHL on TSN" doing HNIC. I like Dave Hodge, Bob Mackenzie, and even Pierre McGuire (if he wasn't the colour commentator), but I can't stand Darren Dreger and Tie Domi. I know, those guys are the new ones, but they made a show I hated last year even worse. I really can't put my finger on what it is about that show that I've never liked, but I've never liked it. It's too bad that Sportsnet really cut back on Hockeycentral, because I liked that show.

And in other news, it looks like the guy who owns the Waterloo company RIM bought the Penguins. The craziest rumour I heard connected with that is if he can't get a new arena in Pittsburg he'll move the team to Canada... most likely Hamilton. But if Hamilton falls through, he'll just bring 'em to Kitchener-Waterloo. That's freakin' nuts! I, for one, welcome our new Penguin overlords. I say build a new huge arena on that Centre Block in downtown Kitchener. The Waterloo Penguins... heh, it'll never happen, but man it's fun to think about.

* - In the regular season only

No comments:

Post a Comment