Monday, January 03, 2005

My Flying Car Is On Back Order

Ok, so happy 2005, I suppose. It's a brand new year! Wow! There's so much that makes this week different from last week. Oh wait, no, I lied. The only thing different is the fact that for the next few weeks I'll forget what date to write on my cheques. Other than that, dates are relative values counting up from a arbitrary point. I know, that the years are supposed to be based off of when Christ was born, but they underestimated that by about 30 years or so. And then there's the people who argued a few years back that the year 2000 wasn't the new millenium and all those celebrations should have been a year later because there was no year zero... all I say is move your starting year back one, and then you got your millenium. Like I said, dates are relative and arbitrary. Nothing new and exciting will happen just because the year has changed. I look out my window, and it's the same scenery. Weren't we supposed to have flying cars by now? Like back in the year 2000? What happened to that? I'm bitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment