Thursday, January 27, 2005

I Hate Commercials At The Theatre... Except These Ones

I went with my friend Sara to the 2004 Cannes Advertising Festival showing at the Princess Cinema last night. Basically, it's two hours of the years best (that usually means funniest) commercials. I went for the first time two years ago, and thought it was absolutely great and wanted to go last year, but didn't remember to go see it until it was already gone. This year, I wouldn't make that same mistake... and I wasn't dissapointed. There was a good representation of Canadian commercials this year, which is good. You would have recognised the Kit Kat commercial with the male model that probably reminds you of Zoolander. There was also a good showing by the Bug Light commercials (steaming cup of coffee). Anyway, here are four of the most memorable commercials (that I could also find on the internet) (Keep in mind, these are videos, hence very large. You should only view them with a highspeed connection or with multitudes of patience):

- Heineken
- Nike
- Silva (I had actually heard this joke before, but it was still funny to see it on screen)
- And my personal favourite. (I has some problems playing this one and had to download an MPEG encoder from here)

edit: I found another source for the Nike ad. It seems some of these don't work well with Internet Explorer (they worked fine in FireFox for me). The Nike one should be fine now, but I'd try to save the others to your harddrive first if you still have problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment