Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Round 1 Playoff Predictions

After seeing Dan's predictions he posted on Facebook (what, is your blog no longer good enough?), it reminded me to post my own.  Because apparently I still care enough.  So there's that.

In the East, New York over Ottawa in 5 - For a team that was predicted by many to finish dead last, Ottawa has done surprising well for themselves. I'd like to see them surprise more and move onto the second round, but these predictions aren't who I want to win, it's who I think will win.  The Rangers are just too good this year.

Boston over Washington in 4 - Because Washington is just terrible this year.

New Jersey over Florida in 6 - Just because you're the 3rd seed doesn't mean you only got there by winning the southeast division. You're the smartest kid on the short bus.

Philadelphia over Pittsburgh in 7 - This series is going to be all kinds of awesome.

In the West, Los Angeles over Vancouver in 7 - Because of a hot goaltender. Although I kind of want to see Vancouver make it to the second round just to be beat by the Blackhawks.

St. Louis over San Jose in 5 - Because where did the Blues come from this season?

Chicago over Phoenix in 7 - Followed by the Coyotes booking plane tickets to Quebec City for next season.

Detroit over Nashville in 6 - Because, flip a coin?  I have no insight into this series, but... it's Nashville, come on.

1 comment: