Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Free Movie Network!

I decided to engage in a bit of cord shaving today, reducing my cable TV package from the VIP to Digital Plus (and thus saving about $15 per month).  The only channels I'll really miss are Sportnet One and The Score, but those alone aren't worth $15.  I got no hassle from the guy on the phone, and in fact he ended up offering me a free trial to the Movie Network for 2 months (which I asked to be automatically disabled after the trial, but I'll be sure to check on that). So, that's pretty sweet.  Not that I tend to sit down and watch a bunch of movies, but it's perfect timing for being able to watch the second season of Game of Thrones. You know... legitimately.

One day I'll cord cut, but live streaming of sports has to improve. Have you seen the quality of the Hockey Night In Canada stream? Atrocious! On the other hand, the TSN stream of curling is quite good quality (which will be the last bit of praise I'll be giving TSN).

I'll gladly pay for the things I want to watch.  But I won't pay for the things I don't watch just because of an arbitrary bundle for much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment