Thursday, September 08, 2011

Parisian Redemption

A week or two ago I received a letter with the return address originating from "Prefecture de Police" in Paris. First of all, I only saw it because I was about to throw it into the recycling with the mass of flyers I get every week and it slipped out. I just pointed that out to note the stupid amount of printed advertising I get now is ridiculous (but I suppose it keeps Canada Post in business). Back to the letter...

So, I was pretty excited when I saw the envelope, since it really could only be about my wallet that was stolen in the Paris Metro. Upon opening it, I found that it was written in french only (understandable) but I could read enough of it to tell that they indeed have my wallet, I had 3 months to claim it and it would cost me 10 Euros to do so.

Upon translating it online, I further read that I had to claim it in person (or have someone claim it in person for me) instead of doing it by mail as I had hoped. Here's the letter for anyone interested in reading the original french version.
I had cancelled all my cards lost and had replacements either in hand or on the way, so there wasn't anything of importance left to claim. So, of course, I'm not going back to Paris just to claim the wallet. However, I can't help but really want to get my hands back on my wallet, and the awesome sense of closure it would bring.

I don't suppose anyone I know is going to Paris by November, are they? I half-jokingly posted this question to the usual social networks, but to no avail. Since my blog has a much greater readership of people I know than Facebook, I figured I'd ask here.

No comments:

Post a Comment