Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Painting Opinions Solicited

So, I've decided that one of the things I'm going to do first with my new house is to paint the basement room. This room will function as my main TV room... a pseudo home theatre room. Right now, it's painted yellow and the walls have a few scuff marks. Here's how it looks now...
My thought is that a home theatre should have a darker colour, both because it'll reflect less light from the TV and because a darker room will seem cozier. Using an online room painter, here's my first go at what direction I should take...
Any opinions or suggestions on what to do here?

6 comments:

  1. Is that like a burgundy? I like the darker colour. I've got rollers etc if you need some supplies. and a nail gun for baseboards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does the online room painter actually paint the room for you? If so, where do I sign up for that?

    I also like the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the link for the room painter? I also like the dark colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The website I used for this is www.sherwin-williams.com/visualizer

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friends painted their living room a deep red. Walls and ceiling. It sucked up all the light in the room but did have a warm feeling to it. A nice shade of Ron Burgundy would do the same to yours I guess. Don't forget the ceiling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm leaving the ceiling as is. I kind of want the light to be sucked up in this room. It'll make the home theatre experience better.

    In theory.

    ReplyDelete