Sunday, June 06, 2010

Leamington Tornado

This week I've been surveying people riding the ferries to and from Pelee Island. I've been staying in Leamington this weekend, because one of the ferries begins and end its trips here. Last night a (suspected) tornado ripped through town, mostly along the lake. There are trees down everywhere and roads are closed. So far, I haven't heard of any reports of injuries, just lots and lots of property damage. Locals are all walking around where they can taking pictures... and I decided to join them. If I can get my hands on a USB cable, I'll upload the couple of shots I took to my flickr page.

The ferry service was cancelled this morning, so I got the morning off. It may run later, but out of Kingsville maybe. I still have to call the ferry service to find out.

Maybe I can get some danger pay out of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment