Friday, November 02, 2007

I Hate Best Buy

Excuse me, Best Buy, but what part of "Pre-Order" didn't you understand? I'm thinking it was the "pre" part. Because when I pre-ordered Guitar Hero 3 on your website, I expected it to be shipped to me when it was released, and in a day or two, have it arrive at my door for some long awaited gaming goodness. What I didn't expect is to see the status of my item being listed as "in stock" but not being shipped to me. What I further didn't expect is for that listed to change to "out of stock" a few days later. I didn't believe you when I called on Tuesday evening that you had released the item to Canada Post and they just hadn't scanned it in their system yet, so it was impossible for you to cancel my order. For 3 more days, the game wasn't shipped, and as much as we all like to rag on Canada Post, even they aren't capable of the kind of incompetence that would be required to let an item sit for 3 (possibly 5) days without "putting it in their system". Bottom line is, you didn't order enough games to fulfill your pre-orders and you wouldn't admit to it.

Yes, I know that today it finally shipped... But you know what? Today is Friday, and therefore I won't be seeing any package until at least Monday, so I won't be rocking out to "Knights of Cydonia" and "Cherub Rock" among others this weekend. I went around to other stores yesterday to try and find a copy (with intentions of returning the one you would eventually mail me), but the stores I went to were either sold out or only sold the game with the old, wired controller (stupid Walmart). I hate running around to store to find items which are selling well... I probably should have pre-ordered or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment