Thursday, July 27, 2006

Emissions Testing? No Thanks!

So, with the anniversay of my birthday fast approaching, the annual hassel of renewing my licence plates must be done. This being 2006 (an even year), I knew I had to get my Jeep e-tested (being an odd year, 2003). Now I've been putting this off for weeks now, until this morning when I realized there wasn't much time left to get it done. So, I frantically pull out my renewal paperwork and planned to get an appointment to get in for a test so I could renew before next Wednesday. Then I actually read the information sheet that comes with your licence renewal application, and lo-and-behold, the regulations for e-tests have been changed. Now you don't have to get tested until your vehicle is 5 years old. And so I checked on my fingers... 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006... yep, my car is only 3 years old. Sweet deal! No e-test for me, thanks. Not that I was worried. It's a good thing they don't test for fuel efficiency though.

No comments:

Post a Comment