Sunday, January 22, 2006

What Have I Done? Part 2 - Now With A Shocking Twist!

A followup... last Monday I made an overly dramatic and well, to be honest, quite lame post indicating I had done something quite out of character suggesting that it was eating me apart from the inside threatening my very moral fibre of my being. Ok, I'll admit it was quite over the top. So, I'll take this time now to inform you, my loyal readers, of what happened.... I bought me an HDTV at Bestbuy. Not just any HDTV... a 50" Samsung DLP rear-projection TV. The whole point was that spending that kind of money was quite out of character for me. Now it wasn't an easy decision as I had been mulling it over ever since Marty moved out with his HDTV back in August, but I sucked it up and made the purchase. It felt kinda good, actually. Since it was a super deal, Best Buy had sold quite a few, and they were out of stock of my TV. That forced me to buy it on Layaway and wait until it came in stock. Now, here comes the shocking twist...

I went back to Best Buy today to cancel my order.

What happened that made Matt cancel the purchase of something he's been wanting for so long? Did his thrifty side kick in while waiting for the TV to come in stock? Did he realize that he'd rather spend that money on a Carribean vacation? Did he make a vow never to watch TV again (not bloody likely)? Find out on another installment of Matt's Blog Is Stupid!

No comments:

Post a Comment