Sunday, January 22, 2006

Election Endorsement

So, as it's customary for major national publication to endore a party or candidate, and seeing how Matt's Blog Is Stupid is a major national publication, I humbly submit my endorsement for Election 20X6.

Vote for Roger Gallaway in Sarnia-Lambton! Why, you ask? Simple. It'll keep my mom in a job in the Constituency office, and that always gives me quick and easy access to government services. C'mon, I know you want to.

But what if you don't live in Sarnia-Lambton? What if you live in, say, London-Fanshawe? Well, in that case you should vote for Dan Mailer, whose dating my cousin. Because I could alway stand to know more people in high places.

Anyway, so the polls suggest a Conservative victory, which means that Paul Martin will be on his way out of 24 Sussex Drive. That's a shame really, if for no other reason than he's the only leader of a party who I've peed beside in a public washroom. That's a good story, I should tell you sometime. But, no, I didn't take a peek... get your mind out of the gutter, gosh!

There's a couple good websites I've found that try to predict the outcome of the election riding by riding. My favourite is The Election Prediction Project, which has been around since the Ontario provincial election of 1999, and has quite a good record of success. The other is democraticSPACE.com, which uses some complicated mathematical formula to predict each riding. This one claims to have good record (only off by no more than 4 seats in total for any given party), but doesn't show the riding by riding result of the last election, so who knows how close it is on a riding level, but it should be pretty good on a national level. Personally, I'd like to see a minority goverment where the combination of the governing party and any one other party can get a majority vote (ie. the combination of the Conservative vote and NDP vote can pass a bill).

An endorsement for my own riding (Kitchener-Waterloo), you ask? Well, alright... vote for Edwin Laryea... but don't tell anyone I told you that.

Go vote, if you can! If you can't, I still love ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment