Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Election 20X6

I had real grandiose plans this election to be on the cutting edge of politcal commentary, making note and exposing the asinine and condescending quotes that the politicians spew out on a regular basis. It didn't quite turn out that way. I found out that actually paying attention to stuff like that really depresses you. Another thing working against me is that I find that I'm not really rooting for someone in this election. It's like watching a hockey game between Anaheim and Nashville... you like hockey, so you can appreciate the game, but you're just not into it like when the Leafs (or whatever your favourite team is) play. But I digress...

So, it looks like we'll be having a Conservative minority if things keep going the way they're going. One positive to take away from that is that it looks like the Conservatives may actually score some seats in Quebec, which I feel having another viable federalist party in that province goes a long way for Federalism. And another thing... you gotta feel for Jack Layton and the NDP. No matter what they do, and no matter how many people say they agree with them the most, the Liberals are continuing to persuade the "soft" NDP vote to vote Liberal just to stop the Conservatives. Seriously people, vote for the party (or candidate) you want to win. It's only way you'll ever get what you want.

Two more weeks until my favourite TV night. That'll make it all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment