Tuesday, November 29, 2005

What Holiday Is January 23rd During?

Hurray! We're going to have an election! This makes me happy. Not so much that I think the result will be much different this time around than last time, but just because I love elections. It's kinda the statistics geek in me coming out. I love watching the poll numbers come out every few days and seeing the trends, etc. I also love listening to how ridiculous these grown men and women sound as they try to put a spin on everything, thinking we're gullible little children who'll believe anything they say. Ok, so I don't love that last part so much... I wish that they could do away with things like, "The opposition wanted an election during the holidays instead of improving health care." Maybe I'll keep track of things said that I find stupid and insulting during this election... that might be fun. First of all, I find this talk of a "holiday election" really dumb, as by the time January 23rd rolls around, we'll be so far away from the holidays that it voids this argument completely. The only thing that will happen during Christmas is maybe a couple election ads during "Rudolf, the Red-Nosed Reindeer."

But I think the best part of an election is election night itself. It makes for awesome tv. Seeing the result come in, riding by riding, and watching the numbers change for the parties at the bottom of the screen... I love it!

Anyway, my advise to people is to make sure that you're informed. Don't be ignorant. Cut through the crap and look at the facts. There's going to be a lot of baseless things said over the next 8 weeks like, "The Conservatives have a hidden agenda..." or "All Liberals are in the mob..." or "The NDP will force you to marry a tree..."... Don't believe any of it. Policies and platforms... that's where it's at.

I don't care who you're going to vote for... just vote... and make it an informed vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment