Monday, February 07, 2005

Web Stats Ahoy!

I've signed up for a new counter/stat tracker which I think is pretty cool. It's called StatCounter. It actually works best on websites where you have multiple pages, so you can see how people are navigating through your site. I'm using it on my website... wait a minute... you didn't know I had a website? GO THERE NOW!!! Anyway, it also keeps some interesting stats (like most counters do, but I find these ones to be just a bit more detailed), so I made a separate stat tracker for my blog. Why am I telling you this? I've discovered a few things about my visitors in the last couple weeks it's been active... First of all, what country are people coming from...

No big surprise here. Mostly everyone is from Canada. A couple random hits, but nothing significant.

How about Operating System?

Alright... who's the wiseguy using Linux? I'll have none of that here! 11% using Mac? Not bad... but we can do better.

And how about Browser?

Most people are using Internet Explorer and haven't jumped on the Firefox bandwagon like me. And there's that 11% again.

This stuff is only interesting to a geek like me. There's your update!

No comments:

Post a Comment