Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Canadian Tire and the Placement of Merchandise

I went to Canadian Tire tonight to buy a bag of ice salt for my driveway / sidewalk.  Looked all over the store for it... not in the middle of the aisles, not by the snow shovels, not by the windshield washer fluid... not even by the hockey equipment.  So, I walk through the checkout with nothing, walk out the door and what do I see?  All the salt.  "Well, that's a stupid place to put them", I thought.  But I grabbed a bag anyway and went to walk back inside towards the checkout.... but the "exit" doors don't open from outside.  I'm not going to walk all the way around to the entrance with a bag of salt to just work my way back to the checkout.  So, I'll go somewhere else for salt.

It'd be pretty easy to just walk off with a bag without paying, though.

3 comments:

  1. So you are blogging that you stole salt? Matt, your Mom reads this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matt (almost) fought the law and won :)I agree though Matt, outside the store is a really stupid spot for salt.

      Delete
  2. Zehrs by my place has all their salt outside. you have to mention you want it and they charge you , then you pick it up and leave the high security area outside the store.

    ReplyDelete