Sunday, May 13, 2012

Creepy Giant Plants

I'm trying to figure out exactly what's going on in my garden.  I don't know what's been planted and what's a weed.  There's a patch of rhubarb in the corner of one garden behind a house... no big deal.  But today I notice this GIANT stalk shooting out of the middle of it.  It must be growing fast because the last time I looked there a few days ago, there was no such stalk.

So, I'm just throwing this out there: What the crap is this?  Is it a normal part of a rhubarb plant or (more likely) an alien lifeform looking to conquer us via our most unsuspecting living organisms... plants.

That and I find creepy giant plants to be creepy as hell.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Matt, Sorry to be the one to break it to you that your rhubarb has not actually been the victim of an alien attack (although that would be epic!!), what you've really got on your hands is a rhubarb bush that has gone to seed. You can still cut and use the stems from the rhubarb, but your patch wont get any bigger. If the flowers freak you out, cut them off. The rhubarb will still taste delicious.

    R points out that there are some plants that you should be afraid of- like Giant Hog Weed, but that's not this. Good luck. M

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems everyone knows the term "gone to seed" except for me.

    It's not just that it's a giant plant, it's that it's a giant plant that grew that big in about a week.

    Giant Hog Weed sounds evil. I don't have that in the background of the picture or something, do I?

    ReplyDelete