Thursday, December 22, 2011

Mission Impossible in LieMAX

I went to see the new Mission Impossible movie last night with my friend Josh in IMAX. The movie itself was very good and I enjoyed it thoroughly, as I have pretty much all the Mission Impossible movies (except the awful 2). But I just don't see the big deal with these new IMAX screens they have now at Empire Theatres. It's in a renovated regular theatre, and the screen is pretty much the same size as normal (albeit curved). Now, the picture was great, but it's not like I think that the regular theatre has a bad picture... basically, if the theatre didn't tell me it was IMAX, I would never have known. So, bottom line, no reason to spend more money for this LieMAX experience (I did not come up with that term, I just really liked it).

Fortunately for me, I didn't spend anything, since I was using a free pass I got when a movie I went to in the summer had technical difficulties. So, no harm to me. But if it's my own money, no way will I go to IMAX.

No comments:

Post a Comment