Sunday, August 07, 2011

Summer Vacation

In a couple hours, I'll be heading out of here on the first real summer vacation (other than camping, cottages and Cedar Points) I've gone on in 8 years. Coincidentally, I'll be heading to the same place I went 8 years ago... The Netherlands. Also, we'll be doing a short weekend trip down to Paris. I'm going with my sister and brother, which will be a first as well.

We don't have any plans yet besides our flights, accommodations and visiting with relatives, so we'll see what we get up to.

This is also the exact type of trip that I bought my PlayBook for, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it holds up. I've got it loaded up with the final 2 episodes of Games of Thrones and the first season of Fringe. I also got a bunch of podcasts loaded up and I'm bringing a book, so I'll keep myself entertained on the flight, which I should be sleeping on. Departure at 2305.

4 comments:

  1. I recommend seeing the Catacombs in Paris. At the Denfert-Rochereau stop on Metro line 4 and 6 or the RER B. Entrance is at the South-East corner of the intersection.

    Way cooler than some of the main touristy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me how the playbook is - I've been eyeing up an I pad 2 and wondered if the competition was any good before I actually buy anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,

    Was trying to lay my hands on the brouwer.ca domain...... You seem to be the lucky one :)

    Nice blog, will visit more.

    Greetings from a fellow Brouwer

    Cees
    Gravelbourg, SK

    ReplyDelete
  4. @LMW: The PlayBook performed great as my entertainment device on the planes and trains (didn't really use it in automobiles though). And it was handy to do some quick browsing on wifi. It's not great for heavy-duty browsing, but I don't think any tablets are.

    @Cees: Thanks for checking out my blog. I just got lucky that I looked up the domain just as it was expiring from the previous owner.

    ReplyDelete