Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What's the Trade-In Value on a Law Degree?

So I just started up a new video game I purchased: FIFA 11. I went through about 3 "Terms of Service" type documents that I had to agree to to be able to just start the game. Since when was it necessary to be a lawyer to just play a video game? The documents are so long (like so many others that come with software) that it would take an hour to read. So obviously, I didn't read it and just said "agree". Maybe I just gave all my earthly possessions to EA Sports, I don't know.

Seriously EA, it's just a video game, not a real estate transaction.

2 comments:

  1. FIFA 11? Soccer, right?

    I bet EA Games has been sued because some dumb ass hurt themselves doing something they saw in the game and therefore they have to have three pages of disclaimers so that they can't get sued again.

    Hey Matt... just so you know... coffee's hot... my coffe cup told me that this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, since it's on the computer, most anyone can make illegal copis and distribute them... that's all the legal drivvle that they'll smack you with when you get caught...  arrr

    ReplyDelete