Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Post From A Nerd With Too Much Disposable Income

I bought a new computer today! I've been meaning to get a good gaming rig for a while, and the recent release of Civilization V has finally pushed me over the edge. I trust that this one will be able to handle any game out on the market and last for quite a few years.

I'm excited, because I've got a few games over the last couple years which I've been able to run on my work laptop, but not to the optimal performance. Now I have a personal PC that I can keep my own stuff separate and save my laptop from the extra work.

For those that are interested, specs:
Intel Core i7 870
1.5 TB HD
12 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5770 (1 GB)
DVD Writer/Blu Ray Drive
and so on.

As a side note, as the sun was setting tonight, I saw a full on double rainbow all the way across the sky.



What does it mean?

3 comments:

  1. That's a nice rig.  It's pricey, but much like when I looked at getting a similar rig last year, the higher price was more than worth it to save the hassle of building it myself and (as usually happens) ending up with parts that are not quite at the front of the curve.

    I just wish my rig had the BRD like yours does.  Now get your butt on Steam and revel in the pile of awesome games that are incredibly cheap compared to consoles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already on Steam!  I had to to play Civ V.  I haven't quite figured it out yet, or why I had to have it to play a game I bought on DVD.  Either way, username is saxwithmatt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photo Matt.  So you have a plethora of disposable income.  Send some my way.  PLEASE!!!

    ReplyDelete