Sunday, October 25, 2009

Matt vs 100

So, best story ever tonight...

I've mentioned playing 1 vs 100 before. After a run this summer, they took a break before Season 2 starts. Well, it looks like they're almost ready, because this weekend was a preview of Season 2 just for Canadians (I assume it was limited to Canada to keep numbers down while they tested stuff out). I won't go into how it's played, but you can read the description at Wikipedia. Since it was just a preview, no actual prizes were at stake... it was just for fun.

Anyway, to get to the point, after the second round of the night tonight and being in the mob for those 2 rounds, I was selected to actually be the "One". Keep in mind that I had never been selected to be the One or in the Mob all last season (mostly because the games are on Fridays and Saturday evening... and in the summer, I had things to do and played the Live game rarely) so it was quite the exciting moment when the screen came up that said I had been selected as the One. Now, I'll admit that my chances of being in the mob or the One were much much better than usual, seeing how there was only just over 1000 players due to it being only in Canada and the short notice given... usually, from what I saw, the full version leveled out at 40,000 players last season.

Anyway, to get more to the point... I outlasted the mob and won! I can barely remember some of the questions... it's kind of a blur now. There was one about who the prime minister was during WWI and there was one that asked what the provincial bird of Saskatchewan was (I had to use a help on this one). I can't remember the others... my memory has faded. I don't know if I was the only one to outlast the mob tonight since I had to go offline for a bit during the middle... but from what I saw, I was.

I kinda feel for the Ones during the regular season... after I had won, I got a whole slew of messages and friend requests. Now, times that by 400, and the notifications wouldn't stop for days, I think.

Anyway, when the season starts up for real, I'll let you know. Hopefully I can get some people over to play with me. Or, even better, get yourself a 360 and join me online.

No comments:

Post a Comment