Monday, February 09, 2009

Watch Smarter, Not Harder

I'm a month and a half into my new life without cable tv. So far, it's been mostly good with a few drawbacks. Drawback #1 definitely has to be that I can't watch Curling. This is going to suck even harder when the Tournament of Hearts and the Brier come around. But other than that, it's been a mostly positive experience.

While I haven't been watching more tv, I've been watching more quality tv. I've been able to keep up with Lost, Battlestar Galactica, The Office and 24 so far. But the best has been the discovery of my new favourite show... Chuck. Chuck has it all working for it right now: really funny (with plenty of geek and regular humour), a super-hot lead actress, a Firefly alumni, and what I think is the best use of a soundtrack I've seen in a show in a while. Anyway, Season 1 had been sitting on my hard drive for a few months now and with the absence of cable, I finally took the time to watch it. I'm so glad I did too. Now, unfortunately, I'm at the horrible but inevitable point where I've caught up on all the episodes and now have to wait for new ones just the rest of the suckers.

All that, and my Wii has been keeping my tv busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment