Sunday, October 19, 2008

And I've Never Been To Boston In The Fall

I'm having way too much fun with that lyric.

Anyway, here I am in Boston to do a training course for work. I'm here all week, so I have to figure out something to do to stave off the boredom. Where I'm staying is not quite in Boston, per se, but just outside of it in Newton, MA.

What's the deal with Air Canada Jazz? Why does it even exist? They use the same website to buy a ticket as Air Canada... They use the same gates at the same terminals as Air Canada. And, for the most part, they fly the same routes as Air Canada. Why not just have everything as Air Canada? For example, I booked a flight to Boston from Toronto on aircanada.com, and the flight time that I liked happened to be a Jazz flight. Nothing different than booking a regular Air Canada flight, just in name. Anyway, when I check-in at the airport, I was informed that my flight had been cancelled and replaced with another leaving at the same time. The only difference... this flight is regular Air Canada, instead of Jazz. Same price, same terminal, same departure time, same nifty touchscreen on-board video... just a different name. Again... what's the point in Jazz? Even if there are some routes that are only served by Jazz, why not just call them Air Canada?

No comments:

Post a Comment