Sunday, March 12, 2006

My Weekend

There's one thing I've been lucky enough to avoid for the last, oh I don't know... 8 or so years. That thing is sickness. Not "I've got a cold and my throat hurts" sickness or kidney stones, which I don't really classify as sickness, but hard-core not keeping anything down... or up (if you know what I mean). And that's what I discovered I had at 4:30am Saturday morning. It made my entire weekend a writeoff, and it was quite the bad weekend to have that happen. Saturday was an office get together, which consisted of Bowling and Pizza, and Sunday was the 2nd TPTP event of 2006 (Dan was the big weiner, so I hear). This evening, I seem to be enough on the mend to envision myself getting up for work tomorrow. I suppose that's how it goes... get sick from the very beginning of the weekend until the very end. I've never even taken a sick day from work in the 2 and a half years I've been here.

Anyway, I was able to keep myself entertained this weekend (for the part I could keep my eyes open anyway) with the movie version of the musical "Rent" and with the Leafs game on Saturday night (although I fell asleep during the first period and didn't wake up until halfway through the second period of the next game). It's times like this that make me really wish I had a wife-type person... you know, just so I'd have someone around to listen to my incessant whining.

Useful fact of the day: Water tastes a lot like toothpaste if you drink it right after puking. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment