Monday, May 16, 2005

You Gotta Know When To Hold'em, Know When To Fold'em

So, on Saturday, after visiting the Elora Gorge with my school-time roommates Matt and Jen, we decided to stop in at the new Grand River Raceway. It's a typical Ontario harness racing track with a slots area. There was no racing going on on Saturday afternoon, so we decided to check out the slots. For fun, I put $20 in a quarter slot machine, and played until it was through. The only problem is that with about $2.00 left in my $20, I hit a row of 7's, and won $100. At which point, I cashed out and went to the cashier to collect my winnings, laughing at all the regular addicts there along the way.... ok, I didn't laugh at them... I played it cool... well, I didn't play it cool either, as I walked all shifty eyed from the machine to the cashier protecting my winnings. And then we went to get Slurpees. Seriously, what else would you do with $100?

No comments:

Post a Comment