Monday, May 30, 2005

An Object Lesson in Quitting While You're Ahead

Tonight I went to the horse races at Grand River Raceway with Patrick and Lindsay to bet on the ponies. Unlike the lucky streak in betting I've enjoyed the last couple weeks, this night I was a total loser. Over 7 races I lost a combined $14. Ah, the exactors just weren't paying off tonight. But other than that, a good time was had. Other observations made:
  • If you go to the same betting window, eventually the lady will start mocking you for losing.
  • The "sixth race cheerleaders" were a huge disappointment. Not at all what I was hoping they'd be. There should be some sort of law against getting my hopes up like that.
  • I'm completely in love with the girl who was doing the greeting at the front door. Old fashioned costume... that was hot.
  • If I had bet more money, I would have won. Why? Because it makes sense... perfectly logical sense.
To wrap it up, it's clear that I was just getting my losing out of the way so I can sucessfully defend my poker title at the TPTP on Sunday. Yeah, that's the ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment