Thursday, September 06, 2012

Did I Ever Tell You About The Time...? Jeep Edition

This episode in my life has been sticking in my head lately. I'm not sure exactly why. Maybe it's because I've been thinking of buying a car lately. Whatever the reason...

Did I ever tell you about the time a couple week after I bought my Jeep back in 2005 when I got a flyer placed on my windshield when I was shopping at the grocery store.  I was advertising the local KW Jeep Club and inviting me out to join them.  I didn't really think much of it at the time, as I figured they just saw a Jeep and put the flyer on the windshield.  But as time went on some things just stand out as strange about that whole incident to me.

I have never gotten the flyer on my Jeep since that day.  Not in the same Zehrs parking lot, or any other parking lot I had been to in town.  If the club was putting the flyers on local Jeeps to get some new members, doesn't probability suggest that I would have gotten more?  And why only after I had just gotten the Jeep?  Do they keep track of Jeeps that they put their flyers on?  Do they coordinate that information between members, so another member doesn't flyer the same Jeep?  Did the dealership tip off the club that a new Jeep owner was in town?

It has always seemed strange that I only ever got one flyer and only right after I bought it.

5 comments:

  1. Apparently you are the only person not to know that the government keeps tabs on Jeep owners in order to make sure that they are living up to the appropriate amount of Jeep socialization that the stereotype requires.

    Every single thing that has gone wrong, or that has seem coincidental, since that day was really a subtle reminder that the government is watching you.

    Sleep well tonight, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To answer you're question, no you did not tell ... but now you have.

    Tell them about the time that you asked your roommate for a "little help" to pick-up the Jeep. Neglecting to tell him that in was in Ancaster, before he started driving you there. The "little help" turned into a 3 hours round trip. It's a good story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good story. It's a story of friendship and perseverance throughout the ages. Hopefully the roommate isn't holding a grudge after all these years.

      I'll just buy him a beer next time I see him.

      Delete
    2. No grudge, but I'll still take a beer.

      Delete