Thursday, July 05, 2012

Make Your Own Hamburger Night

I declared today to be "National Make Your Own Hamburger Night" and then declared my house an independent nation.  Now, I don't make no fancy burgers.  Basic ingredients are usually ground beef and heat.  But I got a little nutty tonight and added a few extras and I also decided to document it.

Ingredients for tonight's burger: 1.4 kg of ground beef, 1 non-expired egg and garlic powder.  Mix them all together by hand and make a nice looking patty.


Divide into however many burgers you want.  I did 3.  Flatten, then barbecue.  It's important that the burger gets thoroughly cooked, but not burnt.  So, I suggest a longer cooking time at a lower temperature.  Also, important when barbecuing any meat... diamond grill marks.

Looks like this burger can join the diamond club. <>
Then, melt some cheese, toast a bun and add your favourite toppings.  Easy!  Even for me.

Yeah, I also make it into a video.  My goal was to keep in under 2 minutes, as everyone's attention span (including mine) is really short when it comes to internet videos... but I could barely keep it under 7.  Enjoy anyway.


One thing I learned that after using Windows Live Movie Maker for the first time, it's nowhere near as good as iMovie.  I'm no lover of Apple and it stings a bit to say that, but it's so very true.

4 comments:

  1. Looks yummy Matt! Sometimes I add oatmeal at the same time as the egg to help hold it together on the grill- it also absorbs some of the grease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha this is the funniest thing you've ever posted. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I find myself in an endless Wikipedia loop and feel as though the internet is a bottomless pit of useless information... I return to this wholesome video and my faith is restored. Thank you, for this, for the 2nd time.

    ReplyDelete