Tuesday, November 02, 2010

What A Deal!

I'm approaching the end of my cell phone contract and I was informed by my provider that I have an upgrade credit available to me to upgrade my phone. So I go into the store to see what that credit involves as applied to a Blackberry Torch, and the answer I got was that I get the privilege of purchasing the phone for exactly the advertised price for anyone else. The guy at the store even still called it a "credit".

Tell me, service provider... where is the credit in that?

4 comments:

  1. Service Provider? Don't tell me.....bell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It could be any of them.  I'm sure none of them are any different.  The wireless industry in Canada is really screwed up.  Almost as much as the broadband internet industry.  Of course, it's the same companies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bend over and smile... you must be familiar with the position as you were in a similar one when you first signed on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was I? I don't recall that. I've always been pretty happy with my wireless service. However, this bit of shady marketing doesn't fly with me.

    ReplyDelete