Saturday, September 06, 2008

Iron Horse Trail, Where Have You Been All My Life?

It's a nice day here, so I decided to take my new bike out for a spin, and instead of my usual ride up through Waterloo Park and UW, I decided to head south and finally check out the Iron Horse Trail. Now, I've always known it was there, but I never attempted to discover where exactly it starts (that and I've only had my bike for a few months now). But I found it and was very impressed by the trail. I made it all the way down to the other end of the trail (which is at Ottawa Street in Kitchener) in 25 minutes. It's an old train route between the two cities and it's quite interesting in parts as they've left some of the old train track equipment there. I think I've found a new favourite bike route. Now I should do it in conjunction with the path through Waterloo Park and UW, as it's all part of the Trans Canada Trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment