Tuesday, April 08, 2008

My Greatest Fear

The Stanley Cup playoffs are upon us and something funny is going on. I'm not ready to suggest a full blown conspiracy, but I'm getting close.

The Montreal Canadiens have won a Stanley Cup in every decade. With there being only 2 years left, I thought for sure that this streak would be ending, thankfully. Before this season started, they were supposed to be fighting for 8th place at best. But it turns out that they finished 1st in the East. So, with time being of the essence, the Habs look to be a contender for the cup. Like I said, something funny is going on. Therefore, as much as I will be rooting against them, Montreal is my pick for the cup... because it's been predetermined. Huh, look at that... I did suggest a full blown conspiracy.

My first round predictions are as follows:
Montreal over Boston
Pittsburgh over Ottawa
Washington over Philadelphia
New York over New Jersey

Nashville over Detroit
San Jose over Calgary
Minnesota over Colorado
Anaheim over Dallas

No comments:

Post a Comment