Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Drain Drops Keep Falling On My Head

Adventures in apartment rental continue. A few months ago, I woke up to find that the counter and cupboards above my sink to be drenched with water. After informing my super and doing some investigating, it was found that there was a leak of some sort in a water pipe above my kitchen that was dripping water. Fortunately, we were able to put a bucket underneath the drip and (for a slight reduction in rent) I emptied it every couple days. Eventually, the bucket stopped filling up, and while I noticed that the pipe was still wet, there was no water going into the bucket. Therefore, the water was clinging to the pipe and I couldn't do anything about it anymore.

Then for a while, nothing happened.

However, this week the flow increased and someone two floors below me was noticing a wet carpet. The problem was traced back to the original problem from a few months ago. Of course, there was nothing that could be done to catch the water because it was flowing down the side of the pipe, instead of dripping few inches away from it. Or was there?



Well, after all that, it looks like the water has stopped flowing for now and that the water pipe will be replaced. So, sometime in the near future, there'll be some plumbing work going on here. Hurray for inconvenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment