Monday, December 11, 2006

Speaking of Roundabouts

On Saturday night, on my way to my office Christmas party in Cambridge, I had the opportunity to drive through the new roundabout at Fountain Street and Blair Road in Cambridge. Funny, I don't remember much else from Saturday night... but I digress. It's a great roundabout to drive in if you're a novice, because it's a single-lane roundabout so you won't have to worry about what lane you're in. Anyway, one of the nice feature of a roundabout is that you can do something with the space in the middle whether it be landscaping or, in this case, some sort of artistic feature. On The Record's website there is currently a poll on which of three choices you like or if you don't want anything at all. There's been a bunch of negative letters in the paper recently from people who are against doing anything that would improve the look of the roundabout centre. It's my guess that these are also the people who, when they hear the word "roundabout", the first thing that comes to their mind is "opposed!". Anyway, vote if you want, or care, I just ask that you don't vote for the "no artwork" option.

No comments:

Post a Comment