Thursday, May 25, 2006

Oilers Fans

Did you catch Game 3 of the Oilers vs. Ducks series on Tuesday night. What a fantastic game! Or, more accuately, what a third period! Eight goals, and a monstrous near-comeback by Anaheim. Crazy.

But actually this caught my attention... Before the game, the crowd was sing the national anthem so loudly, the singer actually stopped and held up the microphone and let the crowd finish the job. It was just amazing. I always thought that would be a great idea... a perfect way to really get the home crowd into it even more. There's a video of it posted on the web here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meLpuF9UMvk. Those are quite the fans over there in Edmonton. Being a Leafs fan, I think we're pretty good, but I could never imagine the suits in the Air Canada Centre ever doing something like this. Good for Edmonton... I hope they win the cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment