Sunday, April 23, 2006

Maybe I'm Being Told Something

You may remember this post from a couple months ago announcing that I had bought myself a new 50" DLP rear-projection HDTV. After all that fanfare and excitement, it sure is weird that nothing has been said about it since. Well, as most of you know by now, I had some problems with the TV and to make a really long a bitter story short, I ended up returning it to Futuresh**.

Of course, I still wanted a TV, but I took a step back to evaluated just the type I wanted. After going around to local electronic stores after my ordeal, I found a general low opinion of DLP technology, which convinced by to go another route. Then Dave got his plasma, and it all started to come together for me. Plasma was the way to go. Of course, these sleek sets are a bit more expensive than the DLPs, so to stay in the same price range I'd have to get a smaller size, or to stay with the same size, I'd have to add a considerable amount of money to the budget.

After consulting the latest Consumer Reports for plasmas and noticing a sale, I decided to go with the 42" plasma HDTV from Dell.

So, after ordering it on Wednesday, April 12 I was sent a confirmation email indicating the approximate delivery date to be Thursday, April 20. A few days went by, and checking the order status on Dell's website, I saw the date had been pushed back to Friday, April 21. No big deal. So, on Friday I was quite excited, however no TV came. The Dell site still says Friday as the delivery date, and the delivery company's site (Canadian Freightways) doesn't recognize the tracking number. So, I might get a TV tomorrow... I might not... I have no idea. I'm a little frustrated with this whole ordeal, going back to the Futuresh** incident. Sometimes I wonder why things don't just go as planned. Maybe I'm being told something along the lines of "you shouldn't be buying a TV", and the Dell will break down 4 days after owning it. I know, I know... there are worse things in the world to be frustrated with, so I'll just stop now that I've sufficiently vented. Well, if it eventually works out, you can come over and watch some quality HD programming like 24 or Lost.

UPDATE - I was just surfing the web, checking out my Air Miles balance. I noticed that if I had clicked on a link from the Air Miles site to buy my Dell TV, I could have had upwards of 147 Air Miles. So yeah, I'm totally kicking myself now. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

Update 2 - Oh, I'm definately being told something. Something along the lines of "bend over".

No comments:

Post a Comment