Monday, November 15, 2004

Cracked up to be?

So, as most of you know, I work from home. Pretty sweet deal, you may say. I would, of course, agree. However, it's not all it's cracked up to be. Sure, I get to sleep in right up until the time I have to be at work... Sure, I get to work in my pajamas... Sure, I got a sweet computer setup from my company. But there are some days that working like this really remind me of being in school. Except that there's no classes, just a never ending supply of homework. And that's the point I'm getting at... there's always something to do... and even though I may be at home, that means, I'm also always at work at the same time. So, if I tend to goof off during the day (which tends to happen from *ahem* time to time), I feel like I should be working in the evenings. And if I don't, I always have the nagging feeling in the back of my head saying "you have work to do". Therefore, I can never leave stuff "at the office" like normal folk do at 5:00 everyday. Now, of course, it may be different if I actually had things to do in the evening, and I could go somewhere and forget about work, but that's more of an exception than a rule.

And another thing... I made the mistake of going to the mall on Saturday afternoon. That was stupid. It was like it was the official opening weekend of Christmas shopping season. It was Santa's first day and Christmas music was being played in the mall. Not even halfway through November! Forget that!

hmmm... I guess I was overly negative today. sorry. I told myself that this blog wouldn't be anything serious and I wouldn't write real thoughts in it. Guess I blew that one. But I just had some things to get off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment